FedEx International Economy
February 3, 2023
Do you plan to send a package overseas? Have you ever considered shipping with FedEx International Economy? If so, you have come to the right place.
This article will discuss FedEx International Economy and how much it would cost to ship mail or a package.
We will also discuss how long it takes before your package arrives at its destination and how you can track your shipment.
If you are looking for a shipping company to help deliver your package, ask your local post office for recommendations about their preferred partners.
You can visit FindPostOffice.org and see where your nearest post office is located. The website provides information about all 31,330 post offices in the United States.
What Is FedEx International Economy?
FedEx International Economy is a shipping option for customers who send packages overseas. It is an economical way to ship to many regions and countries.
FedEx International Economy also makes it easier to complete important documents, such as customs forms, and get your packages delivered promptly.
FedEx International Economy shipping service is under the express service network. It uses the latest shipping technologies and has logistical support to match. The deliveries are usually on time, with a few occasional delays.
The FedEx International Economy shipping option is designed for merchants who want to save on shipments that do not have to be delivered by a specific time.
Thanks to its door-to-door delivery, FedEx International Economy remains a viable option even though it takes longer than other FedEx services.
Reach More Places With FedEx International Economy Services
With new enhanced FedEx International Economy services for packages and freight, you now have more international shipping solutions than ever.
Because FedEx expanded its coverage of international services, you can access more global markets and suppliers at a lower cost.
Enhancements That Extend Your Possibilities
With FedEx International Economy and Freight services, you can:
- Consider using alternative, less expensive services that provide the same customs-cleared benefits. Within 2 to 5 days of delivery, you can provide customers with the fast service they expect.
- Upgrade your and your customers’ regular, deferred-service shipments to time-definite services.
- You can plan more confidently, tightening production schedules and reducing inventories. This enables you to get products to market ahead of the competition.
For cost-effective options:
- Use FedEx International Economy service for parcels weighing up to 150lbs. (68kg). You can export your products to more than 215 countries and territories and import from more than 100 countries and territories.
- Use the FedEx International Economy Freight service for palletized shipments weighing more than 150lbs (68kg).
Export to more than 130 countries and territories and import from 60 countries or regions.
- With economy delivery, you will receive your package in 2 to 5 business days.
For priority in speed:
Get your order delivered in 1, 2, or 3 business days with priority shipping.
Choices That Extend Your Access
The expanded economy network is designed to help you stay in the competition and grow your business.
- With FedEx International Economy service, you can import goods to the U.S. from worldwide destinations.
FedEx International Economy service accounts for 88% of the global gross domestic product.
- With FedEx International Economy Freight service, you can export products worldwide.
FedEx International Economy Freight service accounts for nearly 95% of the world’s gross domestic product.
Make International Shipping More Efficient
With the help of the FedEx International Shipping Assist tool, you can make your international shipping process smoother, more accurate, and more efficient.
Key features of the app include instant access to shipping information and the ability to reuse Harmonized System codes and estimated duties and taxes for future shipments.
Specifications of FedEx International Economy Shipping Service
Here are some important specifications about FedEx International Economy shipping service.
Size and Weight
You can ship packages up to
- A width of 274cm and a length or girth of 330cm.
- 150lbs (68kg) in weight.
For shipments weighing more than 68kg, FedEx International Economy Freight is another cost-effective option.
You can choose between various delivery signature options, including customs clearance, FedEx International Broker Select, and a money-back guarantee.
For packages weighing between 10kg and 25kg, FedEx will ship the package as an International Priority Service.
How Much Does FedEx International Economy Cost?
The cost of mailing an international package varies depending on factors like size and weight.
For example, you would like to send a package from New York City to London. Your package measures 5in x 5in x 5in, weighs five pounds, and carries $100 worth of clothing.
In that case, you will pay $195, and your package will arrive in approximately eight business days.
Times and Coverage: How Long Does It Take FedEx International Economy?
For shipping exports:
With FedEx International Economy, you can send packages to 215 countries within 2 to 5 business days.
The delivery may take 2 to 3 business days for Canada, Mexico, and Puerto Rico.
For shipping imports:
FedEx International Economy will deliver packages from Canada or Puerto Rico within 2 to 3 business days.
Delivery time from Mexico and other key Asian and Latin American markets is 3 to 4 business days.
Delivery time from key European markets is up to four business days.
Does Economy International Shipping Have Tracking?
Yes, economy international shipping has tracking services available to help you monitor the progress of your order.
FedEx International shipping provides a priority shipping service that covers over 220 countries as well as territories.
Here are some of the supported web features and options:
- FedEx Hold for Pickup
- FedEx International Broker Select
- Money-back guarantee
- Saturday service (Saturday delivery is an option)
- Shipping of dangerous goods
- Ability to file a claim in the event of damage, loss, or theft of your package
FedEx Standard Overnight delivers items Monday through Friday but not on weekends.
With the Saturday delivery option, you can deliver your items on weekends for those countries where Saturday is a working day. However, Saturday pickup is not included in this service.
How to Use This Service
Contact your account FedEx representative or customer service at 0-810-3333339 for more information about FedEx International Economy and to ask for the exact transit time of shipments to different destinations.
Shipping Packages and Envelopes From the U.S. to Another Country
- Immediate shipping
Get your shipment ready within 24 hours for immediate delivery to most international destinations.
- FedEx International Next Flight
- One to three days delivery
It can be delivered within 1 to 3 business days and is available in up to 220 countries.
- FedEx International First
- FedEx International Priority
- Two to five days of economical shipping
Ships in 2 to 3 business days to select countries, or ships in 2 to 5 business days and delivers to 215 and more countries.
- FedEx International Economy
- Ground shipping to Canada
Delivers packages to 100% of Canadian businesses and homes in 2 to 7 business days.
- FedEx International Ground
Shipping LTL Freight in North America
Find the right balance of speed and cost as you ship freight in the U.S., Canada, or Mexico.
- FedEx Freight Priority
- FedEx Freight Economy
Shipping Express Freight From the U.S. to Another Country
- Next available flight shipments
For urgent freight shipments, put them on the first available flight.
- FedEx International Next Flight
- One to five days freight shipments
Delivers international shipments over 150 lbs within one to five business days with delivery.
- FedEx International Priority Freight
- FedEx International Economy Freight
- Ship-controlled items or dangerous goods
Send freight confidently by using a mode of transportation that ensures the safety of all parties.
- FedEx International Premium
Does FedEx International Economy Include Customs?
Yes, this service includes customs clearance.
FedEx International Economy is ideal for online merchants looking to cut costs on small, light packages.
How to Clear Customs With FedEx International Economy?
They provide all the information to get your package through customs.
However, it is your responsibility to determine if you can legally ship the item you are selling to a particular country. You do not want your package to be held up by customs.
The biggest headache comes when you prepare the customs forms. However, if you apply the proper methods, you can work most efficiently.
Here are some tips you can follow.
- Declare the value of your item on customs forms, even if you are giving it as a gift. Duties and taxes will be assessed based on the value of a shipment.
- Keep all pieces of a multiple-piece shipment together, but label each one individually.
- Complete all documents following the requirements. Make sure the information you provide is consistent across all your documents.
- Keep your answers precise and to the point. Make sure that they are free of typos or spelling errors.
- Itemize each commodity and describe it in detail, including the materials used and how they will be used.
- Print the country of origin or manufacture of your commodity to show where it was made.
- If you have a broker, please include their full contact information.
- Provide a phone number for both the sender and consignee.
FedEx International Economy vs. Priority
You can choose between both, depending on whether you need to ship your package quickly and how much money you are willing to spend.
The delivery time for FedEx International Priority is three business days. Meanwhile, the Economy service may take up to a week.
In this scenario, we will look into a 15-pound package from Texas to Toronto. To give you an idea of the rate for both these services, the following are their calculated prices:
- Using FedEx International Economy: This package will cost $110. The delivery time is three business days.
- Using FedEx International Priority: To send the same parcel within two days using Priority service would cost $150.
As you can see through this example, priority services cost more than standard ones. The FedEx shipping calculator provides affordable delivery quotes.
Which Is the Cheapest?
The rates for FedEx International Economy are lower than the rates for FedEx International Priority.
FedEx Economy service is a smart option if you need to ship items abroad at a reasonable price.
Which Is the Fastest?
Like other priority services, FedEx International Priority is faster than the Economy service.
If you need to send a parcel urgently and are willing to pay extra for the service, you can use FedEx Priority.
Similarities of FedEx International Priority vs. Economy
FedEx International shipping options have many similarities. Both offer the following:
- $100 worth of insurance
- Maximum of three delivery attempts
- Paid pickup services for parcels or packages
- Collection of associated taxes that either the sender or receiver can pay
- Shipping rates calculated based on the volume weight of each package
Comparison Between Other FedEx Shipping Options
- FedEx Home Delivery vs. Ground: FedEx Home Delivery is a service that delivers packages to residences.
In contrast, FedEx Ground also delivers to commercial addresses.
- FedEx Express Saver vs. Ground: If you want to get your package delivered as quickly as possible, use FedEx Express Saver, which guarantees delivery in three business days.
Like FedEx Ground, UPS delivers shipments within a week.
- FedEx Smartpost vs. Ground Shipping: FedEx Smartpost uses a direct link with the postal service via USPS during deliveries compared to Ground Shipping, which usually uses shipping centers.
- FedEx International First vs. Priority: FedEx International First is the way to go for the next-day delivery of parcels.
The FedEx Priority delivery service can deliver your items anywhere in the world within three business days.
Comparing Shipping Cost With Other FedEx International Services
The International Economy service is said to be one of the cheapest international services offered by FedEx. However, after considering other services, you may want to compare their prices.
FedEx International Economy is not the cheapest international service offered by FedEx. The cheapest is FedEx International Ground Shipping service.
However, keep in mind that International Ground only offers some of the amenities of the International Economy.
The InternationalGround service is only available for shipping to and from Canada.
If you want to compare costs for each service from FedEx, you can try checking out the FedEx rate calculator.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Which is faster, FedEx international economy or priority?
FedEx International Priority takes three business days to deliver a parcel, whereas Economy service can take up to seven days.
General economy international shipping usually takes about 2 to 5 business days.
- What is a harmonized code?
A harmonized code is part of the international system for naming and identifying products traded on global markets.
The World Customs Organization (WCO) maintains these codes.
The system allows all countries to agree on the classification of products before export and import.
- What is the difference between a pro forma and a commercial invoice?
Pro forma invoices are sent before goods are shipped, but no payment is required.
After the goods have been delivered, a commercial invoice is sent to request payment.
- Why is my shipment held up in customs?
Customs holdups occur for many reasons, ranging from a minor inconvenience, such as incorrect paperwork, to a major one, like your goods being prohibited.
- What is the FedEx delivery signature?
A signature is required for the delivery at the recipient’s address.
If there is no one at the delivery address, FedEx may attempt to deliver the package again.
- How do I know what customs value to put?
It is the total value of all items in a package and determines how much import duty will be charged to the recipient.
- When do I need an export license?
Businesses or companies that are exporting goods produced in the U.S. requires a license from the federal government.
- Reach More Places With FedEx International Economy Services
- International Shipping
- FedEx International Economy
- What is a Harmonized Code or HS code?
- Commercial vs. pro forma invoices: Which to use and when
- FedEx signature requirements and delivery options
- What is customs value and how do I determine it?