FedEx Small Box
May 30, 2023
Are you in need of a shipping solution for your small items? If you want to send a small parcel, FedEx Small Box is a great option.
What are the dimensions of a FedEx Small Box? What is the shipment cost for a small box? Are FedEx boxes free of charge?
The following article covers everything there is to know about the FedEx Small Box option. This piece also discusses the size and cost of a small box from FedEx.
In addition, this article also talks about other box sizes that are available and whether shipping boxes are free with FedEx.
To ship a parcel, you must first choose the box that is best suited for your package. Carefully choosing a shipping container for your package can help ensure that it does not get damaged during transit.
If you want to inquire about your box or container options, ask a mail clerk for advice at your local post office. Navigate to FindPostOffice.org and check out their website, which helps locate all 31,330 post offices in the United States.
FedEx Box – Small
FedEx offers a small self-assembly box calculated to hold a single reel of magnetic tape or small documents. The dimensions are 12.25 inches x 10.9 inches x 1.5 inches, weighing around 4.5 ounces when empty.
The maximum weight allowed for a FedEx Small Box is around 20 pounds (9kg). You can ship catalogs, videotapes, CDs, and file folders using this box. The minimum billable weight for a FedEx Small Box is 1kg per package.
What Size Is FedEx Small Box?
The dimensions of a FedEx Small Box in centimeters are 31.12 cm x 27.69 cm x 3.81 cm (12.25 inches x 10.9 inches x 1.5 inches)
Estimate Shipping Costs
One way to estimate FedEx’s shipping cost is by using its online shipping rates calculator. If you already have a registered FedEx account, log in to FedEx.com before entering your information to get an estimated price for your shipment.
The calculator asks you for key information about your shipment, including:
- Shipper or mailer’s address (origin ZIP code or postal code)
- Recipient’s address (destination ZIP code or postal code)
- A residential or commercial address
- Type of packaging
- Amount of packages you’re sending
- The dimensions and weight of your package
- Date of shipment
All of these factors contribute to your final estimate.
Here are more details about the factors that determine your shipping rate.
- The origin and destination of your shipment
- Package type, weight, and size
The type of shipping service you choose will impact the price the most. But the size and weight of your package also play a role in setting your shipping rate.
When calculating the price of a package, FedEx uses whichever weight is greater: the dimensional weight or the actual weight.
A package’s dimensional weight (dim weight) is determined by the amount of space it occupies, as opposed to its actual weight. The more massive or heavy a shipment is, the more likely it will cost you money.
That’s why you should use a box that is large enough for your shipping items and packing materials but not so large that it makes your package weigh more than necessary.
- Other factors
The following factors can influence your shipping rate:
- Fuel costs
- Conditions for delivery and pickup
- Special handling instructions
- Federal holidays
- Special circumstances, including COVID-19
These factors change frequently. You can find out about recent surcharges and fees by clicking here.
You can also take advantage of FedEx One Rate, a predictable flat rate shipping. FedEx One Rate provides free packaging with various sizes when you pair it up with FedEx Express.
With FedEx One rate, you can predict the shipping cost ahead of time without weighing your package and avoiding surcharges.
FedEx One Rate has no hidden fees and can cover up to $100 in declared value for each parcel for free. This service has a fixed rate in terms of shipping cost, so long as your package weighs less than 50 pounds and your envelope weighs less than 10 pounds.
You can choose one of the twelve Flat Rate Boxes and opt for home delivery in one, two, or three days. Schedule a pickup or drop-off at one of 57,000 convenient locations in California, Pennsylvania, North Carolina, Georgia, Florida, and other states. You can order free packaging and have it delivered to your home or office.
Here’s how to ship your parcel or mail using FedEx One Rate.
- Visit a nearby FedEx location with your item.
- Tell a staff member you’re interested in Flat Rate shipping.
- You can choose from 12 free packaging options, including Flat Rate Boxes and Envelopes in various sizes.
- You may want to ask a FedEx staff to help you pack your item, but they will charge a fee for this service.
- Select your package destination.
- Let the staff know how urgently you need your package delivered.
- Select from over a dozen free packaging options and order online.
- Get your shipping rates.
- You can create a shipping label with FedEx Ship Manager or get started without signing in using the free version of FedEx Ship Manager Lite.
- Select FedEx One Rate when you provide your shipping information.
- You can have your package delivered in one, two, or three days.
- Complete the shipment and print your shipping label.
- Pack your shipment, and then place the label on it.
- You can drop off your package at a FedEx location or schedule a pickup for a small fee.
With the FedEx money-back guarantee, you can count on the company to safely ship your package. FedEx Express has reinstated its money-back guarantee for select domestic and export services.
- FedEx First Overnight
- FedEx Priority Overnight
- FedEx Standard Overnight
- FedEx First Overnight Extra Hours
- FedEx Priority Overnight Extra Hours
- FedEx Standard Overnight Extra Hours
- FedEx International First
- FedEx International Priority
- FedEx International Priority Express
- FedEx International Priority Freight
If you’re shipping an item that weighs more than 150 pounds or different types of items to the same destination, you can use the FedEx Freight box. You can combine your shipments and save money.
What Sizes Are FedEx Boxes?
FedEx offers small, medium, and large boxes. The dimensions of the three different sizes of FedEx Boxes are as follows:
- FedEx Small Box: 12.25 inches x 10.9 inches x 1.5 inches
- FedEx Medium Box: 13.25 inches x 11.5 inches x 2.38 inches
- FedEx Large Box: 17.88 inches x 12.38 inches x 3 inches
Standard Boxes Available In-Store at FedEx Office
FedEx offers a range of standard boxes. Here are the sizes and suggested shippable items for each one:
- 8 inches x 8 inches x 8 inches box: Drinking glasses
- 12 inches x 3 inches x 17-1/2 inches box: Jackets or sweaters
- 12 inches x 12 inches x 18 inches box: Coffee maker
- 13 inches x 9 inches x 11 inches box: Large bowl
- 16 inches x 16 inches x 16 inches box: Small lamp
- 14 inches x 14 inches x 14 inches box: Set of food bowls
- 20 inches x 20 inches x 12 inches box: Speakers
- 23 inches x 17 inches x 12 inches box: Skateboard
- 12 inches x 9 inches x 6 inches box: Picture frames
- 11 inches x 11 inches x 11 inches box: Large vase
- 17 inches x 17 inches x 7 inches box: Playstation
- 20 inches x 20 inches x 12 inches box: Dinnerware set
- 22 inches x 22 inches x 22 inches box: Stand mixer
- 24 inches x 24 inches x 24 inches (heavy-duty and double-walled) box: Crockpot
- 28 inches x 28 inches x 28 inches (heavy-duty and double-walled) box: Sports equipment
- 24 inches x 24 inches x 18 inches (heavy-duty and double-walled) box: Computer printer
- 18 inches x 13 inches x 11 and 3/4 inches (heavy-duty and double-walled) box: Desktop PC
Specialty Boxes Available In-Store at FedEx Office
FedEx and FedEx Office provide a wide selection of specialty boxes in different sizes.
- Golf bag box: 15 inches x 15 inches x 48 inches
- Golf club tube: 50 inches x 9 inches x 9 inches
- Bike box: 54 inches x 8 inches x 28 inches
- Guitar box: 20 inches x 8 inches x 50 inches
- Two-piece telescoping box: 10 inches x 6 inches x 57 inches to 108 inches
- Small flat-panel TV box: 38 inches x 8 inches x 26 inches (for TVs and monitors between 28 and 1/2 inches x 1 inch x 22 inches to 33 and 1/2 inches x 4 inches x 22 inches)
- Medium flat-panel TV box: 46 inches x 8 inches x 30 inches (for TVs and monitors between 31 and 1/2 inches x 1 inch x 26 inches to 41 and 1/2 inches x 4 inches x 26 inches)
- Large flat-panel TV box: 56 inches x 8 inches x 36 inches (for TVs and monitors between 46 and 1/2 inches x 1 inch x 32 inches to 51 and 1/2 inches x 4 inches x 32 inches)
- Extra small framed art box with Airfloat system: 14 inches x 19 inches x 2 inches
- Small framed art box with Airfloat system: 19 inches x 24 inches x 2 inches
- Medium framed art box with Airfloat system: 25 inches x 33 inches x 4 inches
- Large framed art box with Airfloat system: 40 inches x 50 inches x 3 inches
- Medium framed art box: 28 inches x 21 inches x 2 and 1/2 inches
- Large framed art box: 44 inches x 32 inches x 2 and 1/2 inches
- Small electronics box: 6 and 1/4 inches x 3 and 1/8 inches x 1/2 inch
- Laptop box with kit: 21 inches x 16 inches x 5 inches
- Tablet box: 10 and 7/16 inches x 7 and 1/2 inches x 1 inch
Packing Services and Shipping Supplies: Are Boxes Free at FedEx?
FedEx offers packing services and supplies. You can buy boxes, envelopes, tapes, and cushioning in-store. You can also order FedEx Express boxes and packaging for free.
FedEx provides various corrugated boxes at every FedEx Office location. They also have specific boxes designed for laptops, bikes, golf clubs, and more.
If you don’t have enough packing materials or time to pack an item that needs to be shipped, take it to any FedEx location and have its experts do it for you.
Is FedEx Small Box Free?
FedEx packaging is free if you use the FedEx Express service.
Free FedEx Express Packaging Is Available Online
Packaging is free if you ship using FedEx Express. FedEx will ship your packaging supplies after you order the box online. Using FedEx Express packaging, you can also take advantage of FedEx’s Flat Rate shipping.
What Are the Differences Between the White FedEx Boxes and Brown Boxes?
FedEx Express offers 12 kinds of white packaging, including envelopes, paks, and tubes. They also have various sizes ranging from small to extra large boxes. Packaging is provided with the shipment at no extra cost when using FedEx Express to ship parcels.
Meanwhile, you can purchase brown packaging and containers in many sizes, shapes, and specialty applications. Customers can use the brown packaging with either FedEx Express or FedEx Ground when they ship their packages.
If you want to know more about cost-effective shipping solutions, you can also get free boxes from USPS. You can order them online or request your boxes at the post office. If you want to locate your local post office, go to FindPostOffice.org.
- FedEx Box – Small
- How to Estimate Shipping Costs with FedEx
- FedEx One Rate
- Money-Back Guarantee
- FedEx Box – Medium
- FedEx Box – Large
- Boxes for packing, shipping, and moving
- Shipping Supplies